Wednesday 30 January 2013

Karla Powell!


Hey guys! I hope you are all having a good week so far. A little while ago, the lovely Karla Powell got in touch with me and asked if I would like to create an illustration based on her work, and of course I said yes! Karla is a really talented make-up artist who has a fantastic portfolio - I just love the diversity of her looks. I decided to take inspiration from a couple of her looks, but I decided to turn the models into make-up brushes! I'm really happy with how each one turned out. I did take a little artistic licence because I decided to add a little mermaid tail to one of them (I just thought the shape of the brush was a little like a tail!). I have linked all of the images below that I was inspired by. 

 Food Inspired Make-up and hair project.

 Gestural Absraction

Pastel

If you would like to get in contact with Karla or view her blog/portfolio, please click here! 

xxx

27 comments:

  1. wow i love this! especially the mermaid brush!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw, I love that one too! I wish it could be a real brush! xxx

      Delete
  2. Stunning! I'm always amazed by your talent! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love the mermaid girl! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my god both are you are so talented. And collaborating together, you created something that is absolute dynamite. I love your illustrations and her photography with such gorgeous use of colour :D

    http://meggymoo0.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so kind - and I'm glad you liked this! xxx

      Delete
  5. These are so sweet <3 has Karla seen them? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! She has and she was pleased so I'm happy! xxx

      Delete
  6. I love your work! Definitely following this blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. damn girl you're so talented

    http://thelittlebigobsession.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Que maravilla!!!
    Saludos
    http://judithbysucre.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg! the look amazing all the ilustration, i'll keep visiting for sure, great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such amazing body art, I love it <3.

    www.101FashionStreet.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Her portfolio is sick, she rally is talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow I really love these photos <3

    xoxo
    *TIMO*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your illustrations are beautiful!

    Sophs xx

    The Sopho Diaries

    ReplyDelete