Saturday, 31 March 2012
(sorry about the quality of photo's - I'm not very good with a camera!)
I just wanted to show you guys the lovely prizes I won from Milly's recent give-away. She writes a great blog called Mini Adventures, and I would recommend checking it out! Milly posts wish lists, outfit posts, and make-up reviews - basically all the things I love reading about!
Anyway, I really love all of my prizes. I got a gorgeous bronze coloured charm bracelet, and some Ed Hardy body lotion which smells lovely. Milly even included a cute little postcard which I have displayed on my coffee table at the moment.
I hope you will all pop over to Milly's blog and have a look.
Friday, 9 March 2012
Lovely Effy tagged me in her 11 questions post. Find her blog here!
So, basically I have to state 11 facts about myself, answer the questions that Effy set, and then make up 11 questions to ask others!
So here they are...
Facts about me
1. I have a degree in Drama and Theatre studies.
2. I am 5 ft 7.
3. I love pretty much all Sci-fi shows.
4. I really like gaming.
5. My favourite artists are Kurt Jackson and Danny Roberts.
6. I enjoy cooking.
7. I live in Sheffield.
8. I have gone through many clothing phases, including goth, punk, indie and probably a lot of others!
9. I used to have loads of rabbits and guinea pigs. One of them had an awesome hutch with a little window and false chimney.
10. I'm scared of dogs and airports.
11. I studied art, drama and english literature at college.
Questions I have to answer
1. Favourite genre of music?
This is really hard, but I guess it would be Metal and Punk.
2. Favourite type of blog to read?
I love reading other art and illustration blogs. I also love 'high street' type blogs like LLYMLRS.
3. Favourite TV show?
Of all time, it would probably be Buffy. Right now I like Supernatural.
4. Favourite make up brand?
I'm not sure I really have one! I quite like Maybelline though. I don't tend to buy expensive make up.
5. Favourite shop?
I used to love Topshop, but now I think it is a little overpriced. I like looking for stuff on Ebay and Etsy.
6. Favourite country and why?
I think I would say America, because my best holiday was in Florida.
7. Favourite colour?
I like peach and purple.
8. Favourite book at the moment?
I haven't actually read a novel in a while, but my favourite book is The Secret History by Donna Tartt.
9. Favourite season and why?
Summer, as long as it doesn't get ridiculously hot.
10. Favourite nail polish brand?
I have to say, I'm not very into the whole 'nail art' thing. My nails always get ruined from making art, so I don't really paint them anymore! If I was going to buy nail polish, it would have to be from a cheap brand like MUA.
11. Favourite designer?
Hmm I've always really liked Balmain and Felder Felder. I really admire Vivienne Westwood too.
My questions for others
1. Where in the world would you most like to travel to/return to?
2. What would you most like to achieve in the future?
3. What is your favourite movie and why?
4. What is your favourite high street fashion brand?
5. What do you think makes a good blog?
6. What is your favourite restaurant or takeaway?
7. If you could choose only one item of make-up, what would it be?
8. What is your favourite hobby?
9. Who is your favourite author?
10. What did you want to be when you were a child?
11? What is your star sign, and do you believe in horoscopes?
I tag anyone that wants to do this!
Wednesday, 7 March 2012
I just wanted to show you guys some of my new wax paintings. These are all pretty miniature (15x15cm). I have tried to make them as textural as possible, building various layers. I start by using a layer of newspaper to build some base texture, then work from there.
I have incorporated some found objects, such as broken necklaces, beads, and stones.
These paintings are currently at The Bessemer Gallery, situated in the Winter Garden, Sheffield. If you want more information, please get in touch with them! They retail at £25 each.